Posted: June 11, 2018
1. Go to http://bodyandhealth.canada.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/heart-fac... and read the facts about the heart. What are four facts that you didn't know before?
2. Read the page at https://kidshealth.org/en/kids/work-it-out.html and answer the following questions:
a) What is aerobic exercise?
b) What activities are aerobic exercise?
3. Reat the page at https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/expert-answers/hear... and record your radial artery pulse (wrist) and carotid artery pulse (neck).
4. What are the 7 steps to heart health? You can find the answers at http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyKids/LifesSimple7forK...
5. Read the page at http://www.heartandstroke.ca/get-healthy/healthy-kids/heart-healthy-acti... and answer the following questions:
a) What is an activity that is suggested for infants?
b) How many minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity should youth get every day?
c) What is an example of a bone-strengthening activity?
d) What is the recommendation for screen time?